Wednesday 23 May 2012

The Great Garsby (movie!)

I found out about this as I do about most stuff... by accident.

Apparently, they're making a new Gatsby movie. The thing I love most about movies that are based on books is that they don't come out as often as movies based on comic books do. (see Batman, Spiderman, The Avengers, etc.)

This means that the new movie will look NOTHING like the old one (yes, there already is a Gatsby movie... it came as a shock to me to). The story will probably be similar, of course. From what I can see from the trailer, the visual and the audio will be nothing short of amazing (which they should absolutely be, as Fitzgerald's novel relies a lot on the visual). The cast also makes perfect sense. I mean... DiCaprio as Gatsby? Score!

Also... I'm most definitely not a fan of Tobey Maguire. In retrospect, I believe he pretty much ruined the Spiderman movies in which he played. But.... Nick Carraway seems to fit him rather nicely. The release date for the movie is December 7 and, if you in anyway intend to see it, I strongly suggest you read the book and take a short look at John Green's videos about the book.

As for me.... Barring any unforeseen event, I will be there for the premiere.

Here's the trailer and one of Green's videos (it will hopefully be an incentive for you to read the book). Enjoy!









R over and out.


(yup... doing anything I can to avoid preparing for the finals....)

No comments:

Post a Comment